| The kids waiting outside the school to go on the field trip. |
| The kids standing in line to see Go Dog, Go! |
Seattle Children's Theater put on a production of Go, Dog, Go! The production was geared towards children aged 4 through 9, and it was quite entertaining and creative. I wasn't sure how they were going to turn such a simple book, with essentially no plot, into a 90 minute production, notably without any actual dogs either. But, they pulled it off remarkably well with singing and dancing comedic dogs (in costume, of course). My favorite was the pink poodle (remember, the one who is always asking the blue dog if he likes her hat?). If you're still having trouble envisioning this, below is an advertisement for the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYf76VvnrI
When we got home I read the book again, and they did a remarkable job of including every picture from the book into the production. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it again.
On the bus ride home, Genna was tired and even a little sick; she coughed several times during the show. When Genna is like this, she doesn't listen to me. So, of course she ignored me when I told her to sit down on the bus. I really hate when she doesn't listen to me in public. My weapon of choice lately against a disobedient 4-year old has been the threat of "no tootsie pop after nap today." The problem is I don't really want to announce to everyone on the bus, including the teachers and other chaperones, that I bribe (or is it control?) my child's behavior with 10 grams of sugar everyday. It works, though. It works surprisingly well. Genna did finally sit down after prompting from the teachers. At least she wasn't the worst kid on the bus.
I made soup with the left over duck from Tuesday. Jonah refused to swallow a single bite. Genna ate her whole bowl. She didn't get a tootsie pop after her nap today, but only because she woke up from her nap with a stuffy nose and forgot about it. Woe is the day she no longer wants totsie pops.
No comments:
Post a Comment