Monday, January 31, 2011

Searching

I misplaced my cell phone yesterday. I was using the phone with someone from Craigslist to buy a double stroller. From the time I hung up the phone, to the time I went to the car - about 10 minutes, I misplaced my phone. The last place I remember talking on the phone was on the stairs, then I walked downstairs to googlemaps the address. About 10 minutes later, couldn't have possibly been more than 10 minutes, I put my coat on to leave. At this point I couldn't find my phone, but I left the house, thinking my phone would turn up later in the evening.

My phone did not "turn up," and today it was officially lost. I spent the better part of the morning looking for it. Of course the battery is dead, so I can't even call it to hear its weak beacon of life.

We went about our normal routine today: breakfast, school, library, grocery shopping, naps, making dinner, cough drops, mommy's homemade medicine (warm water with honey and a pinch of fresh ginger), Blues Clues (I resorted to Netflix streaming video to sedate sniffling children), laundry -- I live such a glamorous life-- however, I was preoccupied the entire day with looking for my phone. Every spare second I had, I searched through pockets, cubbies, purses, old purses, shoes. My biggest fear is that Jonah got ahold of it and put it somewhere. Genna even mentioned that Jonah put it in the trash. Today was trashday and if that's true, the phone will be gone forever. But, I really don't think Jonah put it in the trash. He loves to put things in the trash, but I'm pretty sure he knows that things don't come out of the trash, and he loves my phone too much to put it in the trash. At least I hope so. Gulp.

I'll continue to search again tomorrow. Good excuse to clean the house. It has to show up, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment