Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pedestrians

Seattle is the most pedestrian-friendly place I've ever been. I took a walk with Jonah to meet Noah for lunch and unlike Baltimore where I'd get honked at by a turning car when crossing the street, cars patiently wait for pedestrians. In fact, those yellow pedestrian crossing signs that are ignored in many other parts of the country actually mean yield to pedestrians. And in Seattle, the cars really yield. It's so refreshing.

Jonah was sick today. I don't like when the kids are sick, but it is the only time that they let me hold them for long periods of time. I held Jonah for almost an hour tonight. He'd never put up with that unless he was sick. Hopefully tomorrow he'll feel better so he'll be able to go to swimming, and hopefully he'll remember that he actually liked when I held him.

No comments:

Post a Comment