Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snot

There comes a point where I don't even bother to wipe the snot off of the kid's faces. If I do, it's merely for the satisfaction of other parents near by.

The kids were sick today. Genna was up half the night coughing. Surprisingly, she woke up in a chipper mood and was pretty good most of the day. Dinner, however, she reached her limit and was in her ornery exhausted mood. She's so difficult when she gets that way, but at least I know that it is because she is sick and about 5 hours behind on her sleep. Yes, I still keep track of her sleep. It's really amazing how mood and demeanor is so absolutely caused and correlated with the amount of sleep she gets. Genna needs 12 hours of sleep. Those 12 hours can be night time and nap time, or just night time. If she doesn't nap, she goes to be early. If she doesn't nap for a few days in a row, she'll make up for it by taking a three hour nap.

We also reached a point where we could no longer spend anymore time in the house, so we took the kids out, coughing, sneezing, snot and all. My apologies to all those that will pick up their colds from doors, hand rails and buttons that they touched today.

For dinner I made my homemade pizza. The crust was very nice. I let it rise for about 3 hours instead of the  one and a half hours that is recommended; I will do this again if I have time. Kids are sleeping now. Whew.

Genna putting on a "show" on the Barnes & Noble book-reading stage.

Genna. Hope the next kid using this car uses hand sanitize.

No comments:

Post a Comment