I was still searching for my phone all morning. Then, on my way to music class with Jonah, I looked in Genna's ladybug backpack. My phone was in her backpack, along with tweezers. I've also been looking for my tweezers for the past couple of days, but didn't think that was noteworthy enough to mention in my blog. Anyway, I found both today and am now whole again.
I took Jonah to music class today and then convinced myself that I needed a Cuisinart to make dinner - falafels. So, after getting the softsoap from Target - we've been out for a couple of days and I've had to keep watering down the last of our softsoap - I headed over to Macy's and got a good deal on the 7-cup Cuisinart "supreme" food processor. By the time I got it home and unassembled from the origami packaging, it was too late to start making a falafel dinner. So, I made a quick puttanesca, still trying to relive the dream of last Friday's datenight where I had, according to our waiter, the best puttanesca in the city. My sauce was good, but next time I'll use more anchovies and less tomatoes. Of course the restaurant used tons of olive oil. Did I mention I don't like Italian food?
After dinner, I made my falafel "batter." The purr of the brand new Cuisinart was exciting. It's quite an impressive piece of equipment - it makes such neat and tidy little tidbits of food. I just wonder if my new Cuisinart will eventually fall into the "juicer" category (used it a lot for the first week, haven't touched it in a LONG time), or if it will end up in the "mixmaster" category where I don't think life is possible without it. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment