Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Friday

I'm a little late on my posts for the past few days. Thank you to all that were a little concerned; it's nice to know that if I dropped off the face of the earth, at least a couple people may begin to wonder what happened. We took a short vacation to Long Beach, WA and Olympic National Park. We left computers behind and there was only intermittent cell phone connectivity. Frankly, it was nice to be "unplugged" for a few days.

Vacation was a success. Considering we were tugging along a two-year-old and a four-year-old, thing could have gone either way, but we all managed to have a really great time. I learned a lot about traveling with kids, and I learned a lot about my kids. We had to adjust our expectations. For example, the kids can only go on about a one mile hike, instead of the three-mile one we had planned. It takes us about twice as long to drive as GoogleMaps says it should due to potty stops, side-of-the-road diaper changes, water stops, and the world's slowest eaters. But overall it was a success.

Lunch on the road. Mexican restaurant.
The kids love Mexican food, especially when there are crayons.

Noah's last email check before we headed off into the wilderness

Our B&B (bed and barn) on Long Beach. This place was as beautiful as it was relaxing.

Bringing our hamburgers out to the picnic table

Noah's cousin, Sue, and Jonah

The bull

Having fun on the farm

No comments:

Post a Comment