Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gave up

I've officially given up on the weather here. It is July 14th and Bastille day - one of my favorite days of the year, even though I'm not French (but I do love French food). It's the last day before I turn a year older, and it always seems to be a warm, sunny, middle-of-summer wonderful day. Not in Seattle. It wasn't cool here, it was cold today. I waited until the afternoon to take the kids to a playground, hoping it would warm up by then. It did not. It barely made it to 60 degrees and was overcast, drizzling, and windy. On our last day in Olympic National Park, I wore my jeans (complete with a few holes) and then put them in the trash. I never imagined that I would possible need to wear jeans in July, but today they would have been appropriate. I'll be leaving Seattle in just a few days, and the weather forecast shows that it won't even break into the 70's before I go. I know I'll be missing the cool weather when I step off the plane and am enveloped in the 90 degree humidity, but right now, I could use some of that!

Genna made everyone's lunch today. She made a cream cheese, colby-jack and orange marmalade sandwich for herself and Jonah. She made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My sandwich had about a half a teaspoon of jelly and about a quarter teaspoon of peanut butter. She was so proud of making everyone's lunch.

Not bad for a 4-year-old

No comments:

Post a Comment