Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wow

Today was really beautiful. We spent the better part of the day outside and it was gorgeous; it actually made me sad to be leaving Seattle in the next few weeks. Oh, how quickly I forget the months of miserable weather.

We started the day at Revenna park. I never used to like this park very much because the playground equipment is not designed for kids Jonah's age, but now that it isn't raining every day, Jonah loves the sand pit and Genna loves climbing the tree. And so do I.
Me, in the tree

Noah in the tree

Jonah in the tree


Genna in the tree

Jonah wanting to get down from the tree
After Revenna, we went out to lunch at a nice little cafe in Capital Hill. We were going to stop at Volunteer playground on our way home, but discovered that the wading pool next to the playground was open and full of water. Once the kids saw the pool, there was no way that we could avoid it.

These pools are great - they are public, free and only about six inches deep

The kids brought the frisbee in the pool. Then another little boy wanted to use it, so we said okay, but then Noah had to give the boy some instructions on frisbee care: no stepping on the frisbee, no throwing it over pavement and be careful of the rocks. I remember the first time I used one of Noah's frisbees and it landed on a rough sidewalk - I got a lecture on how the rough sidewalk scuffs the rim of the frisbee. I just rolled my eyes and thought he was way too serious about his frisbees. I guess things haven't changed.

We broke at least three of these rules

Genna - a little cold after her swim. Unfortunately we didn't have towels, but fortunately she still fits into Jonah's spare pants that I keep in the diaper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment