Friday, July 1, 2011

Lebanese night

I took a Lebanese cooking class last weekend and today (in between trips to the playgrounds) I tested what I learned at home. I made fatoush, baba ghanoush, flat bread and za'atar. I think the class paid off because the kids ate a little bit of it and Noah and I ate quite a bit. I also learned something this evening: Noah does not like baba ghanoush. He claims he's told me before, but I have no recollection of this, but he did eat it and said that he "liked" it this evening (as opposed to "loving" the fatoush and za'atar). I guess I'll be eating quite a bit of baba ghanoush this weekend since I made three cups of it.

Strawberry clafoutis - I actually made this yesterday with the strawberries that we picked

We've been growing mushrooms from a box. They grow pretty quickly. They're not supposed to break open the box like they are doing (on the right), but I guess they grow where they grow.

Clockwise from the left: za'atar on flat bread, baba ghanoush, fatoush, left over mac-n-cheese for the kids, za'atar sauce. 

I think it was the homemade flatbread that really made the meal

No comments:

Post a Comment