It was back to crummy overcast and rainy Seattle weather today. I keep telling myself that 48 degrees and rain is better than the mess that people are dealing with in the Midwest right now: ice storms, 20 inches of snow and power outages. But is it really better here? At least it's exciting with the ice and snow. The city shuts down for a few days and we discover that we have neighbors and a few stale marshmallows that will be perfect in hot cocoa.
I must have checked weather.com 20 times today to see if we had some sunny days in the forecast. Surprisingly, Tuesdays forecast was partly cloudy this morning, but in the late afternoon, the weather folks changed it to partly sunny. This definitely makes checking the website 20 times today worth it.
I got to use my Cuisenart today. It took me longer to assemble it and unassemble it than it did to shred a head of cabbage, two carrots, cilantro, garlic and ginger. Noah said my chinese chicken salad was the best one he's had, unfortunately, my stuffy head prevented me from tasting anything except the saltiness of the dressing and the toasted almonds. All that work, and it might as well been KFC cole slaw for all I could tell. Won't make that mistake again. It'll be cheap cardboard-tasting frozen pizza and canned string beans until I can taste again. This will free up some more time to check Facebook and weather.com.
Since today's blog is starting to get depressing and sarcastic, I should stop here. It's really just my stuffy head and cold talking. Perhaps after a good night's sleep with my Vics vapor rub, Motrin, Sudafed, and the not-so-quiet percolation of my cool mist humidifier, I'll have a more positive attitude tomorrow.
Night night.
No comments:
Post a Comment