Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not a good blog today

I must have slept on my pillow in some weird way last night because I woke up with a neck ache this morning. I have a dull ache in my neck and cannot turn my head fully to the left. I also have a slight headache and my sinuses are still producing an extraordinary amount of mucus. All of these annoyances have put me in a grumpy mood today.

It is not easy to blog when one is grumpy. I'd like to sit here complain about how Noah worked the whole weekend and his shoulder is sore so he couldn't pick up the kids, push the stroller or change any diapers this weekend. Or, that my "big outing" and freetime this weekend was when I went grocery shopping without the kids. O joy. Or perhaps I could complain about the fact that I'm really trying hard to be a stay-at-home-mom, but I really don't like it. Or, perhaps I could complain about my bad hair day. Or, I could complain about Noah backing up my laptop for 48 hours, so I don't have my computer and have to use the desktop for two days. I won't continue, though I could.
Me, sitting here at the desktop, wondering if I should post this bad-hair picture

Jonah was extraordinarily fussy today. Or was he? Perhaps it was my grumpiness that made him seem fussier today. He had one of his longest temper tantrums this morning. He used up all of my patience with him at about 9 am.
Doesn't Jonah look like he's extraordinarily fussy?

The highlight of the day was the walk to the park. Since Noah was watching Jonah, I got to play with Genna. It's really quite fun to play on the equipment with the kids instead of just watching them. I don't see why other parents don't do it more. Slides are particularly fun, and with my slippery sweatpants today, I was super fast. This playgound had metal slides which are much better than the newer plastic ones, which have so much static electricity that the shock at the bottom of the slide coupled with the hair standing straight up takes much of the fun away.

I love the old-fashioned merry-go-rounds that they have here too. It's a little scary how fast those things can go. I draw the line at monkey bars, though. Not because I don't like them, but I really cannot do them. I'm not sure if my arms are just weak, or if the rest of my body is too "heavy," but some point between second grade (which is the last time I can honestly remember using them) and the time I moved to Seattle, I lost my ability to do the monkey bars; it's a little sad because they look like fun. Fortunately, this is not a problem for Genna because she would prefer that I just watch her on the bars instead of taking up some of her valuable monkey bar time.
This is an old photo, but it shows the merry-go-round


Walking back from the park
I'm looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment