Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home all day

In the evenings, I normally put Jonah in his crib, turn his light off and sit in his room to write my blog while he goes to sleep. Today, I thought I'd just sing him a song and then write my blog later. So, as I sat down to sing to Jonah (without my laptop), Jonah started saying, "Bloook.... bloooook." Well, he really means to say "blog." So, apparently my blog has become a part of Jonah's nightime routine also. I obliged, and hence I'm sitting in his room downloading photos and posting today's blog while Jonah goes to sleep to the erratic purr of my typing.

Mother Nature gave us a good dusting of snow last night and some cold temperatures today so we decided to have a lazy day of staying inside all day. We probably could have gone out, but with Jonah's cold and my aversion to spending 25 minutes bundling up the kids for 20 minutes of being outside, we decided we'd have a play at home day where the kids could pretty much do whatever they wanted and make as big of a mess as they wanted; they were happy to participate.


There's nothing like jumping on the Goodwill trampoline in pajamas before breakfast!

Genna is trying to instill her passion for jumping on Jonah. She's no long allowed to help him jump off the coffee table. And, yes, that is Jonah wearing the pink princess pjs. His dinosaur pjs are in the laundry. 

Sesame Street podcasts. I think this is the Hunt for the Letter H podcast

Why not wear summer clothes when you stay inside all day long?

Jonah loves anything with wheels.

Whassup mommy?

The $1.99 pink fuzzy slippers are a hit with Genna.

Another podcast. Note the added shirt and pants to the summer dress.

Genna now has the camera. Do you like our matching hairstyles?

"My turn for the camera!"


"It feels great to spin around after a shower, except when I bonk my head."


Two kids showered and ready for bed by 7 pm. Success.
Two kids asleep (one on my typing arm) by 7:30. Priceless.

In the end, it was a good bonding day for me and the kiddos. They watched a few more podcasts than I had intended and I didn't read them as many books as I intended, but we all had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment