I just don't understand why the kids don't nap somedays. I was up late last night and was really looking forward to a 15-minute power nap this afternoon. Theoretically, I could take a power nap, tidy up the house, catch up on the news, make out the week's grocery list, and take care of the cats during nap time today (I live such a glamorous life). Nope. Didn't happen. I was able to sit in Jonah's room while he was settling down and write out my grocery list (it's going to be Lebanese week), but that was the only thing I was able to do. I spent the rest of the time telling Genna to calm down and checking in on Jonah to tell him to put his head down and go to sleep. I wonder why kids fight sleep so much. Are they afraid they are going to miss something? The most exciting thing they're going to miss is emptying the cat's litter box, but they just don't understand that. Are they having so much fun that they don't want it to end? I just don't get it. I think tomorrow I'll have a long chat with Genna on why she doesn't want to nap. Maybe I can get to the root of it, gain an insight and then somehow convince her that naps are really a treasure that kids have while they're young. I might as well give it a try. Psychoanalyzing my children for two hours has to be more fun than scolding them for two hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment