Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday!!

I have zero interest in football. In fact, if you could have negative interest in something, that would be me and football. I'm not sure how my disinterest in football began. It's not just football either, it's basically all professional sports.

Perhaps it all began in fourth grade when I was always the last to be picked for a team in phys ed class. Or perhaps it was in fifth grade when I didn't make it the on the football cheerleading team. Then there was high school; I was a band geek... marching band for the varsity football team. The marching band got a surprisingly unpopular reputation - ironic since there were people in the band that actually had some REAL talent, unlike any player on the football team (then again it could have been those ridiculous feathered hats we had to wear). Then there was OSU football. As a sophomore in college, I got season tickets. I was so bored by the first half of the first game, I sold the rest of my tickets. I got tickets again as a senior - awesome seats - close to the 50 yard line and so close to the players, you could smell their sweat (okay, that's a literary exaggeration, but they were incredible seats). Anyway, that was an excellent business decision, paving the way to MBA school. I didn't go to any games that year, but made a very handsome profit on my ticket sales.

I usually do my grocery shopping on Sundays, so I thought I would go during the game today and enjoy the peace and quiet at the store. Well, I guess the folks that shop at Whole Foods, are not in the football-watching market segment because the store wasn't noticeably less busy than any other Sunday. Oh well, so I purchased my local organic free-range eggs and tofu along with all the other folks that too think football is a ridiculous sport of men of less than average intelligence ramming their heads into other men of less than average intelligence.

So, congratulations to the Packers (I think). Hopefully life is a little happier and warmer tonight in Green Bay - not exactly sure where that is, but I pretty sure it's some cold city in WI.

Note the lack of TV in the family/play room. Even if we wanted to watched The Game, we couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment