Jonah was rotten today. He had a temper tantrum when I took his took off his pajamas. He had a temper tantrum when I took off his diaper. He had a temper tantrum when I put him on the potty. Tantrum when I put him in his booster seat; tantrum when I put on his shirt over his neck, tantrum with his right arm through the sleeve, tantrum with the left arm, tantrum with the pants... tantrum... sweater... tantrum... coat... tantrum... tantrum... tantrum... you get the point. Since we're heading into the terrible twos in a few short weeks, I've been building up my tantrum stamina. Today was the marathon. I've learned that there's really nothing I can do when Jonah has a tantrum; he just has to get it out of his system, and I have to allow him his protest. The problem this morning was that we had to make it to swimming by 11:00 and tantrums take time. A lot of time. In the interest of time I didn't even bother with socks and shoes this morning, for either of us. Ironically, Jonah was a perfect baby during swim class. But, once we got back home, he remembered where he left off.
Genna was good today, but not without a meltdown of her own. A "meltdown" is a more sophisticated version of a temper tantrum. Similar to its nuclear namesake, a meltdown begins with core problem, in this case a tootsie pop was demanded and refused by mommy. Then a chain reaction occurs contributing to the overheating, in this case when manners were not used asking for applesauce and mommy refused again. Finally, there is total inoperability resulting in a timeout.
As much as I hate watching that weird purple dinosaur, Barney finally snapped both kids out of their funk. I really don't understand why that show is so mesmerizing for the kids. I'd take Dora any day over Barney. At least Map sings that jazzy little song. It's just not a good day when I go to bed contemplating the merits of singing dinosaurs vs. talking maps.
| "Heals together, Genna." |
| Mommy wore her ballet slippers to review positions |
No comments:
Post a Comment