I don't know why I am so excited about Genna starting her ballet classes next week. It must be because 4-year old ballet epitomizes "little girl" to me. I remember my ballet classes, it was just something that all little girls did. Next week she'll start and I am super excited to see it; I hope they have a parents' observation room. We've already been working on the positions and pliƩs.
Spring has officially sprung here in Seattle. I saw beautiful pink flowers beginning to bud. I didn't know much about the Pacific Northwest climate, and still don't, but it was a nice surprise to see flowers on our walk to the playground today. It was really "my" walk to the playground. After one block, Jonah put his arms up at me and said "carwe-oo," or in English it is "carry you." He obviously has no intention of carrying ME, but whenever I am about to pick up Jonah, I ask him, "do you want me to carry you?" So, of course he thinks that, "carry you" means he gets a free ride. Anyway, I got my workout today carrying an extra thirty pounds on my hip up a giant hill. Next time I'll bring the Ergobaby, but he'll probably just fuss in that just as much as he fusses in the stroller. He doesn't seem to like anything that makes my life easier. Go figure.
| Pink buds |
| Our view from one of our favorite playgrounds |
Lucas used to use the term "free ride" anytime he wanted to be picked up. (We started asking him, at the top of the stairs, if he wanted a 'free ride' down, and that's where it came from.) He used it so frequently that after a few days of him being at his new daycare, they had to pull us aside and ask "What on earth is a free ride?" :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny! I still think of Lucas as little and barely talking. Amazing how fast they grow.
ReplyDelete