Thursday, February 10, 2011

On my way to swim class

Texting while driving? That's child's play. Photography while driving. Now that's a challenge!

Today's blog is going to be a photo essay. I'm not exactly sure what a photo essay is, but instead of droning on about the bleary weather or my cooking, I'm just going to upload a bunch of photos that I took today.

FYI - if you'd like to see a larger version of any of the photos, just click on the photo. To get back to the blog, click your browser's page back arrow.

View of sunrise behind Mt. Rainer from our back porch. Wouldn't you like to wake up to this view every morning? Well, you can't since a clear view like this only happens about 3 times a month. Oh, sorry, I said I wouldn't drone on about the weather here.


My new favorite radio station 89.5 - dance music. It is operated by a high school and is a public radio station. Love it. I'm enjoying my last few months of blasting inappropriate music on the radio before Jonah learns to repeat the lyrics.
Oh look! It's 10:47 - We've got 45 minutes to kill before swim class.


Camera in car + 45 minutes to kill + map of Seattle = danger.
Seriously, as a side note - don't ever buy this book. It literally shows streets going through when the street turns into a staircase. Yes, some of the hills are so steep here that streets dead end and they turn into a staircase, 187 stairs, to be precise, on 52 Street NE

Crossing over Interstate 5 on 50th Street. Downtown skyline in background.

Typical Seattle bungalow. Moving here from Baltimore, where most of the houses are brick or stone, the rows upon rows of wood houses in Seattle looked kinda dumpy to me. But, now I'm getting used to the look.
This photo is for the kids. They love construction equipment. Seattle weather has blessed the city with the opportunity to have road construction 12 months out of the year. At least back east we get a reprieve in the winter. 
View of Olympic National Park while driving down 65th Street.
AAAAAAHHH! Where'd that car come from? (only kidding)
Typical "arterial" city street. 
This guy had headphones on and was dancing while waiting to cross the street. He's probably a vegan.
These signs are very important to the kids. They are public park and playground signs. Seattle has the best and most numerous playgrounds of any city I've ever seen.   
My little trooper. Note how I've cleverly cropped out the disgusting mess in the minivan. A investigative crime team could accurately document every snack we've had in the van for the past month. 
Yeah, I didn't take this photo today, but it's so cute I had to include it. It also depicts the awesomeness of the Seattle playgrounds. 


Here's a video of Jonah jamming to the tunes of my favorite radio station.

I like this photo-essay-blog-thing. Perhaps I'll make it a weekly installment on my blog. Next time I won't do it while driving.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the photos, Susie! As for that video, well, I think I saw more spit coming out of Jonah's mouth then when a camel spits! That was hilarious! Did you have to use a towel on the camera afterward? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonah makes that little motorboat sound a lot, but I never noticed how much spit came out of his mouth until I saw it in the sunlight like this! Yes, I should have wiped the camera because there were a few drops on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete