Last night was treacherous. Both Genna & Noah had the stomach flu, and Jonah is still getting over his bout with the same virus. So far, I'm the only one that has escaped this bug, but I'm not counting my chickens yet, I could still come down with it in the next couple of days.
It was interesting staying home all day with the sick family. It was like a weekend, but without all the running around. The worst of the flu was over, so everyone just needed rehydration and rest. Genna is fortunately old enough to know that she's tired and weak and was content to watch movies in bed all day long. Jonah, on the other hand, didn't quite understand that he needed to rest. He still had the will play, but his body just wasn't up to it, so he basically fussed for a good part of the day. Then, in the late afternoon, I gave him some Motrin and he perked up quite a bit. Enough to eat a good dinner and play for a little while.
I was obsessed with washing my hands all day long, so much so that my hands now hurt from being so dried and chapped. I'm also using a new toothbrush & toothpaste and no longer keep them in the bathroom with everyone else's. I do however still keep a decoy toothbrush in the bathroom, next to all the other toothbrushes. Don't want the kids to wonder why mommy doesn't have a toothbrush, or worse, to hunt for mommy's toothbrush around the house.
Noah, who also spent most of the day in bed, would have probably been on his computer all day, except that the internet was down at our house. So, he had no choice but to watch movies with the kids and sleep. I'm glad the internet was down. I'm glad it came back up so I could write my blog.
I was obsessed with washing my hands all day long, so much so that my hands now hurt from being so dried and chapped. I'm also using a new toothbrush & toothpaste and no longer keep them in the bathroom with everyone else's. I do however still keep a decoy toothbrush in the bathroom, next to all the other toothbrushes. Don't want the kids to wonder why mommy doesn't have a toothbrush, or worse, to hunt for mommy's toothbrush around the house.
Noah, who also spent most of the day in bed, would have probably been on his computer all day, except that the internet was down at our house. So, he had no choice but to watch movies with the kids and sleep. I'm glad the internet was down. I'm glad it came back up so I could write my blog.
| Jonah having a small temper tantrum about not wanting to take a shower. He won. |
| A very tired little girl |
| This must have been an intense part of Toy Story. |
| Movies in bed are fun, especially with your 25 closest stuffed animals. This also must have been during the 3 minutes of sunshine Seattle got today. |
No comments:
Post a Comment