I'm starting to prepare for Lent. I'll be making all Weight Watchers meals for Lent, and I will be foregoing all wine and spirits as well. I suspect I've gained a few pounds over the past few months, so Lent will be a good time to scale back on the calories and see how tasty I can make no-oil, no-cream, no-butter meals.
That said, there are still two days before Lent begins, so tonight I made a simple cheesy pasta and tomorrow I'll make my puttanesca. I also bought the forbidden chocolate croissants from Trader Joes (thanks, Dad, for introducing me to these 320 calorie, 18 grams of fat breakfast treats). We'll probably go out to eat for Mardi Gras and then it's all coming to a screeching halt. Noah said he'd "support" me during Lent. This basically means he'll eat my Weight Watchers dinners without complaining, but during the days he's at work, he'll be looking for excuses to go out to eat for lunch.
| Genna modeling a dress that was given to her as a gift. I seriously think she'd be content to do nothing but change her clothes all day long. |
No comments:
Post a Comment