Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sun

The sun was shining today. This always puts me in a good mood. And, Noah took the kids downtown while I stayed home for a "mental health" break.

I wanted to experiment with the Cuisinart. I only intended on doing it for an hour or two, but it ended up taking a good part of the day. But that's okay since I listened to my This American Life podcasts. I just love that radio show. Every time I listen to it, I wonder why I don't listen to it more... oh yeah - I'm chasing kids around on most days.

The food processor was grinding away today making a sweet "mojito" sauce, a feta mint sauce, baba ghanouj, a double batch of pesto (but put too much lemon in it - a real bummer because now I have TWO batches of lemony pesto), and sweet potatoes.

Noah exhausted the kids by taking them downtown. This was the first time I've seen both Jonah and Genna happy to take a nap. Noah should do that more often.

We ended the day by having dinner with a family friend from a long, long time ago; a really nice way to end a sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment