I haven't been to the Goodwill store in a couple of weeks, so I took a trip there today with Jonah. Until recently, I would go there with a few things in mind that I'm looking for, and then I'd be disappointed when I couldn't find them. Then, I'd spot a few things that look good (like the Pottery Barn kid's chair for $6.00 or the perfectly sized set of mixing bowls), but I wouldn't buy them because they weren't what I intended to buy. A few days later, I would regret not buying them. I'm still stewing about not buying the Pottery Barn chair.
So, I've begun to shift the way I shop at Goodwill. I still have a few things in mind when I go there. For example, today, I was looking for a basket to store all of the kid books and some storage jars since I now buy a lot of beans, grains, and spices from the bulk bins (much cheaper). I didn't find any of these things today, but I tried not to feel disappointed. Rather I focused on the awesome set of Thomas the Trains for $1.49. Jonah will be occupied for weeks with these. And for only $1.49, we don't even have to take them back to Baltimore with us, unless of course Jonah becomes particularly attached to them. Jonah really likes to go to Goodwill now too. There are plenty of toys for him to play with; we first go to the baby gear section. Jonah always finds some sort of push toy or scoot toy. He then toddles around the store with me with his toy. He loves the kitchen gadget aisle because he always finds some sort of cool spoon or rolling pin. After I'm done sifting through all the junk, he knows that he has to put the toy back before we leave the store.
 |
| Genna's clothing documentary - Outfit #1: Blue dress, orange shirt, white tights (okay the photo is from yesterday, but she wore the same outfit this morning to school) |
 |
| Outfit #2: Purple shirt, pink with flowers short pants |
 |
| Outfit #3: Blue dress, pink short pants, purple shirt. This outfit wasn't on very long, so I had to quickly take my photo before she changed out of it. The scowl on Genna's face is because she did not want to wait for me to take a photo before changing her clothes. |
 |
| Outfit #4: White dress with pink flowers, purple shirt, pink short pants and bright pink socks. We went for a walk in this outfit. |
 |
| PJ's |
 |
| Jonah playing with his new trains from Goodwill. |
 |
| The kids set up some pillow beds in the play room and pretended to take naps. I don't understand why it is so much fun to "play" naptime, but they fuss and moan when I want them to take "real" naps. |
 |
| So glad daylight savings time is finally here. I love taking walks after dinner with the family. |
No comments:
Post a Comment