I thought today might be a good day for my weekly photo essay. It was a very typical winter day in Seattle: heavy mist, overcast, and temperatures in the lower forties. So, I went about a typical Tuesday morning routine - music class & Target (out of baby wipes), taking a few pictures along the way. But, photos are much more difficult to take - all that rain getting on the camera while Jonah and I are trying to stay dry. And, the pictures just don't look as nice when it's raining. Moreover, in the afternoon, Genna came down with the stomach flu (Jonah had it Sunday night), then in the evening, Noah came down with the stomach flu. Definitely not a good day for photos.
Genna is four and a half years old and has never had the stomach flu. As an infant, she had reflux, so she had plenty of spit ups. She's also had spit ups from coughing and sometimes getting excited, but nothing close to the stomach flu. The poor little thing just didn't know what was happening to her. But, as bad as it is for her, I do think it is worse for an adult (Noah is currently in the bathroom). I could go on about the details of the stomach flu within my family, but I won't. Objectively, it is quite fascinating, but I will stop there. I'm praying that I somehow escape this one, but if I don't post a blog tomorrow, you'll know why.
 |
| The corner of Phinney and 65th Street. The Hope Espresso Repair shop is a very important place for home baristas. |
 |
| I will have to go this shop when it is open. |
 |
| Difficult to take pictures in the rain - wipers always getting in the way and everything just looks drab. |
No comments:
Post a Comment