Just to torment myself, I often look at the weather forecast for Baltimore. For the past few weeks, the weather has been better in Baltimore. Yes, it's cooler at night there, but the days are sunny and often warmer. All the locals here tell me that "the summers in Seattle make up for the all the rain and dreariness rest the rest of the year." I am skeptical. How could summer make up for Fall, Winter AND Spring??? I seriously think that Seattleites have just become so accustom to lousy weather that when a few months of nice weather does come around, they are so intoxicated with sunlight that they only think it is making up for the other months, but it's really not. Baltimore has beautiful weather in March, April, May, Jun, half of July, September, October, and November. That's seven and a half months of beautiful weather, we only have to "make up" for four and a half months of crummy weather. That's not terribly difficult.
So, if you haven't guessed, it was overcast and rainy again today. I'm pretty sick of the weather, just about as much as I'm sick of Jonah's temper tantrums. Today was another "indoors" days. Genna is still recovering from her stomach flu. She's now afraid to eat anything. In the past four days, she's eaten a banana, some applesauce, a couple bites of chicken, half an egg, and a tiny bit of ice cream. I'm starting to worry about her a little; she was only just a little bit better than the other girls in her gymnastics class today. Clearly she has no energy.
Culinarily, I wrapped up Lebanese week with some falafels this evening. I didn't get to make everything I wanted this weeks because everyone else in the family had the stomach flu. I just didn't have the heart to make them eat fried onions, garlic, lentils and rice after spending the night upchucking. Perhaps I was too easy on them. Have no fear, Lebanese week will return again in the Spring.
 |
| Frying the falafels on the circa 1950's avocado green Montgomery Ward range. |
 |
| Falafels |
 |
| Falafel, pita, baba ghanouj, hummus, and my amazing mojitos. Not bad from a kitchen with a green 50-year old range. |
No comments:
Post a Comment