Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

The house we are renting doesn't have a large crock pot, so I couldn't make my traditional corned beef and cabbage. I normally do this every year and then wonder why I don't make corned beef more often. It's so good in the crock pot. I guess I could have made it in the oven, but I wasn't really thinking clearly when I went to the grocery store. Must have had one of the kids with me. 


Fortunately, Genna's school had a fun St. Patrick's day celebration. Apparently, leprechauns were roaming about the house today and tinkled in the potty, leaving the water green. They also got into some of the school supplies and made them green also.


So, in lieu of corned beef and cabbage, I made green lentils and rice with hummus and baba ghanouj. I was lucky to find pomegranate at Trader Joe's since it ended up being the only thing that Genna really ate for dinner. She did, however, eat a small portion of lentils and hummus. She'll whine and complain about my dinners (she really hates my cooking, unless it's mac-n-cheese), but she will eat it nevertheless. I have to give her credit, for a four-year-old, she's been eating everything that I make for her... at least this month. Who knows what she'll be like next month. 



Another sunny day in Seattle, but my boy still looks as pale as some of Seattle's vegan unbleached white flour purchased at the local co-op's bulk-food aisle.

Jonah is insisting on taking pictures with my camera now.
Boy Self-Portrait

Green (Irish) lentils with rice and fried onion.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Mr. B! I never took you for a knitter, but I'm sure you were darned good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sus! I'm completely caught up on your BLOG now. I read it about every couple weeks and read all of them one after another. I've really enjoyed them and I feel, although distantly, in touch with how you all are doing and how much the kids are growing. I can't wait for you all to move back. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - how is lent going for you? All WW meals and no booze? Yeousa. Although you make some kick'n WW meals - like your chocolate ww cheesecakes and pad thai. Let me know if you want me to email you any of my ww recipies: meatloaf, veggie mash, tex-mex soup, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete