After a week of the stomach flu, preceded by a week as a single parent, I needed some separation from the kids. So, Noah took the kids to the park, and I took the bus downtown. I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to walk... far away from the kids. Hence, this week's photo essay:
 |
| Walking through the 'hood to the bus stop |
 |
| For all the Buckeyes out there, this street is lined with huge Buckeye trees |
 |
| Walking down University Avenue to catch the bus |
 |
| Arrived downtown and walked along the water |
 |
| Yes! The sun is behind those clouds! |
 |
| Boat of no real significance that I know of |
 |
| Historical point of interest - spot where the port of Seattle first began |
 |
| Touristy row |
 |
| Landmark |
 |
| The fish market on a sunny day is packed with both fish and people (so glad the kids weren't with me) |
 |
| Pine Street. Sorry about the two guys in the photo. |
 |
| Downtown |
 |
| Seattle Public Library |
 |
| I followed the signs to the "highest lookout point" at the library. I was expecting to see a beautiful view of the Puget Sound and downtown Seattle. Instead, the view is of the interior atrium of the library. I must say that I was disappointed. |
 |
| Another view from inside the library. It was a beautiful building, but again I was underwhelmed by their children's section. |
 |
| Looking outside from the top floor of the library. The architecture takes something away from the view. |
 |
| The Seattle bus system is great. Downtown, there is a "subway" for buses. Instead of experiencing gridlock on the city streets, buses and light rail travel underground in tunnels. It's a fascinating system that meshes the concept of bus and subway. After catching my M71 bus, I was home in about 20 minutes. |
 |
| Our house on a sunny day. Looks much nicer, eh? |
 |
| For those that didn't believe that the neighbors had a bathtub in their front yard, here's proof. The trash can is also a nice touch. |
No comments:
Post a Comment