I spent a good part of nap time reading about the tsunami in Japan today. It's hard to imagine how awful that would be, even for the lucky ones.
My bread method this morning didn't work well for our baking stone ("our" here refers to "our landlord's"). The stone shattered into 5 pieces halfway through baking. Guess I'll be replacing that stone. Fortunately the bread survived. That was the second Pampered Chef and the third baking stone that I've broken. My odds aren't good with baking stones, but the bread was quite good, even though the rising was not ideal. We made the dough last night in the bread class and wrapped it up and refrigerated before it completely rose, nevertheless it was the best bread I've made.
So, with three more balls of dough in the fridge, I *had* to buy another stone today. I didn't skimp and purchased a rectangular 5/8" thick stone. If I break this one, my bread making days are over; I'll hang up my apron, tea towels, baker's peel, and find a new food to destroy.
Although Genna did not nap today, she did a great job of reading quietly in the play room. She doesn't really read yet, but she is so quick to memorize a book after I read it to her, that she's able to recite about 80 percent of most of her books from memory. I, of course, had to listen to her from the hallway because I was not allowed in the room for storytime. Before Jonah took his nap, he enjoyed Genna's dramatic recitations. She is very passionate when reading, "NO! I do not like green eggs and ham, Sam I AM!" She says it with just about the same intensity when she tells me she doesn't like my falafels.
 |
| Genna reading Piglet to Jonah. |
 |
| "A very good day is a day spent with Pooh." |
 |
| Helping Jonah learn his colors, "Purple snail." |
 |
| Noah told me today that he probably won't get around to writing his coffee blog, so he'd like me to incorporate it into my blog. So, here's today's macchiato. I'll have to ask him what else he wants me to do with his coffee pictures. |
No comments:
Post a Comment