Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ahhh.... sun

Today was the weather we've been waiting for. This is the weather that is supposed to "make up" for nine months of grey skies. It was clear, sunny, and a pleasant high of 72 degrees. I'm not sure it made up for that many days, but we did make the most of it.

I love how Jonah sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating. Or, perhaps, he's just trying to wipe off some snot.

The truck goes vertical

Little girl, you need a longer dress!

Jonah could spend hours pushing trucks around

After lunch we went to the Woodland Park Rose Garden. It was beautiful. Even though we haven't reached 75 degrees yet this year, the roses are all in full bloom. Of course Genna finds the stones on the path far more interesting than the roses.

We've been thinking about buying a new digital camera, but on a sunny day, my old camera takes perfectly good photos.

Jonah finally started smelling roses after I dragged him away from the water fountain.

It was surprisingly easy to get the kids to hug each other for a photo.

Once again, the light switch in the gazebo holds Jonah's attention far longer than any beautiful view of the rose garden.

Hanging out with the sippy cup on the bench.

I can't believe my four-year-old can do chin-ups. I'm so envious.

This ground cover was so beautiful and soft I took about five pictures to show my local horticulturist back in Baltimore. I hope I can grow it there.

Genna worked very hard to "make a tree." While holding the log with one hand (it would not stand up by itself), she piled grass on the top... only to have Jonah push off all the grass. He's such a little stinker. 
It was a wonderful day, but I'm now getting more concerned that I'm really going to be uncomfortable when I move back to Baltimore. I haven't been in temperatures over 75 degrees in nine months. I'm starting to think that 75 and sunny is a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment