Thursday, June 16, 2011

Making the most of the sun

Today was a three-playground day. Although the morning was cool, the sun was mostly out, so we had to make the best of the weather. We started off at the Petosa factory in Wallingford. Dad got to meet someone in person that he's talked on the phone with for the past couple of years. Then we headed off to Carkeek Park. All three kids loved the salmon slide. Genna and Mike then got to explore the kid trails while Jonah climbed up and down the slide about a hundred times. The kids were famished, so we made the obligatory stop at Red Mill Burgers. The three kids ate a massive amount of food, and I discovered my now favorite item: the bacon deluxe cheeseburger, but substitute a veggie burger. I get all of the flavor, but not that heavy beef feeling in my stomach for the subsequent two hours.

Next was the sidewalk sale at the University Village shopping center. The kids played at the playground while I got a pair of shoes for Genna and some socks for Mikey. We then got cupcakes (a Groupon I purchased a couple months ago), and then headed off to another playground. I successfully wore out the kids again. Poor little Jonah was so tired that he almost fell asleep in his stroller.   
Salmon slide

Playground at Carkeek

Fascination with cupcakes. I have to say that Trophy Cupcakes are quite beautiful and tasty.

I realized today that Genna eats cupcakes and ice cream cones the same way. She holds the cupcake from the bottom, licks off the frosting, takes one or two bites of cake and then says she doesn't want anymore.

Playing with the fountains at University Village

Jonah seemed to perk up a bit after a cupcake

Action shot of playground #3

No comments:

Post a Comment