Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Big sister

Genna can whine a lot. It's pretty irritating and it's hard to understand what she's saying. Other than that, she's relatively easy to understand for a four-year-old. However, there is one circumstance where her language and pronunciation is crystal clear: when she is explaining something to Jonah. "No, Jonah, you cannot have a piece of candy because it is a choking hazard for you." "Let me show how to open the toothpaste, Jonah." "Jonah, be patient, I will give you some cereal. (Mommy, can you get the cereal?)." "Jonah, this is my mathbook. If you want to color, you can color your dinosaur book." Sometimes when I hear her talk to Jonah, I barely recognize her voice and wonder if there is an 8-year-old in the room. She's definitely fulfilling her role as a big sister. She can be a little bossy to Jonah sometimes, but for the most part, he loves when she talks to him and when they play together. I love it too when they play together.

We went to the zoo today. Jonah loves the penguins.

Apparently this is the season for the peacock to strut his feathers.

This is Jonah in awe of the peacock


Jonah loves playgrounds. I didn't think any kid loved playgrounds as much as Genna, but I think Jonah may be right on her heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment