Monday, June 20, 2011

West Seattle

Today we made the obligatory trip to West Seattle. Whenever I hear any one talk about West Seattle, there's always some mention about West Seattle being "its own town." For some reason locals take a lot of pride in giving West Seattle its own identity, separate from Seattle. And today, when we drove across the West Seattle bridge, the sun was shining and the air was warm, so in that sense, it was certainly a completely different experience than being in Seattle (albeit merely a meteorological coincidence).

We went to the famed Alki beach (and playground) today. It was pretty nice and much bigger than Golden Garden or Carkeek beach. The view of downtown Seattle across the Puget sound was spectacular, however, I wasn't able to take a picture. I may have missed my opportunity because I'm not sure if we'll be returning, though it was a good place to hang out at the beach. I stress a little about my unable-to-swim-yet kids playing in the water, but they love it so much and have such a wonderful time searching for sea shells and treasures from the sea.

Noah was quite proud of his latte art this morning

Jonah, Mikey

Genna, Mikey

Space Needle

No comments:

Post a Comment