Genna is really getting good at gymnastics, for a 4-year old. I enjoy going to her gymnastics class, I just wish I could watch Genna a little more, and Jonah a little less during her class. Jonah does quite well in the parents' room for the first half hour, but the second half hour can be a bit of a struggle. Today, Jonah discovered the trash can with the spinning swing-top. He thought it was really cool that he could hit the lid and it would spin around. Then he thought it was even cooler that mommy would get upset every time he did it.
After gymnastics, we went to a new playground. Of course I didn't have my camera, but it really was a good playground. There was a huge double metal slide, merry-go-round, balance beam, and old-school monkey bars. The monkey bars were exactly the kind I remember from when I was in first grade. At least these bars were over mulch, instead of the asphalt parking lot of St. Michael's school.
When we got home, we were greeted by Grandpa. Noah's dad came to visit for a few days, so Noah came home early for lunch, we had some chicken on the grill for lunch, and then headed out to (another) playground. We were going to go to Meridian playground, but Genna requested Volunteer Park and since it's not very far, we obliged. Volunteer park is only about three and a half miles, but in traffic and across the drawbridge (which happened to be up when we wanted to go over Lake Washington), it seems a whole lot farther. When we finally got there, it was quite beautiful.
After the park, we took Noah's dad to Red Mill Burgers. We feel obligated to take all of our visitors to Red Mill. I got the veggie burger this time, but with bacon. I did get a funny look when I ordered a veggie burger with bacon. It was good.
 |
| This is from Wednesday when Noah took Jonah to the Apple Store for their morning adventure |
 |
| Grandpa taking pictures of the grandkids |
 |
| Jonah and frisbee |
 |
| Alligator frisbee catch |
 |
| Genna practicing gymnastics at the playground |
 |
| Hungry little girl |
 |
| The famous Red Mill bacon double cheeseburger |
 |
| Grandpa eating the double cheeseburger |
 |
| Jonah prefers french fries to hamburger |
 |
| Chocolate malts |
 |
| The malt was really good |
 |
| I never tire of looking at Mt. Rainer from our back porch |
 |
| I tired immediately of looking at the alley from our back porch |
Alligator Frisbee Catch - I thought perhaps Tai Quan Do lessons? And dern - that's a big burger!! :)
ReplyDelete