Mikey said he'd like to go to the Space Needle. He never asks for much, so we definitely had to make it to the Space Needle today. I packed the car with Mikey's and Dad's suitcases and we had just the right amount of time for the Space Needle, lunch at the Seattle Center and then off to the airport for their return. However, just as we were finishing lunch, my sister called and told us that their flight was cancelled and they were automatically booked on a flight tomorrow. So, we were happy to have another day together. The kids said they wanted to go back to the salmon slide (Carkeek park), and Dad wanted to go to Fainting Goat gelato again. I just love Carkeek. It's so much fun to watch and feel the trains pass under while standing on the little pedestrian bridge. The kids spent almost two hours on the salmon slide and exploring the little trails along the playground. Afterwards, we went, for the third day in a row, to Fainting Goat. I was honestly getting a little embarrassed showing up there again and having the same person serve us ice cream. She knows us now. The best part was being able to take Dad and Mikey to Paseo. This was the last thing on the "to do in Seattle" list and I felt a little bad that we hadn't gone there. So, we got there early enough, before they ran out of bread, and got the cuban pork sandwich. I also got garlic bread, but felt a tinge of guilt, knowing that someone was not going to get a cuban pork sandwich because I used up a baguette for garlic bread.
I think I'll need a week of detox to shed the ten pounds I gained while Dad was here, but it was well worth it.
 |
| View from the Space Needle today |
 |
| Kiddos |
 |
| Fainting Goat: Day 3 |
 |
| Jonah is a remarkably accomplished ice cream cone eater |
 |
| Mike chose fat free yogurt and strawberry today |
 |
| I really have to do something about this girl's hair |
 |
| Dad had stracciatella today |
 |
| Hazelnut - this was supposed to be a small |
 |
| Not sure how a little boy can get so much food on himself |
 |
| Papa reading Earl the Squirrel |
 |
| The family photo |
 |
| After the kids went to bed, Noah and I got to go for a walk and enjoy a glass of sparkling wine |
Hi Susan - We are moving to Seattle soon and I read your blog and REALLY would like to speak to you. How can we get in touch? Would you please email me at "caghal AT gmail DOT com"? I would very much appreciate that. Thank you!
ReplyDelete