Friday, June 10, 2011

More great food

I forgot to mention yesterday that we had dinner at Paseo, and we got there early enough to get two of their cuban pork sandwiches. It's been like pulling teeth to get Noah to go to Paseo. Every time I mentioned it, he offered alternatives or said that he just didn't want a pork sandwich. I did manage to get Noah to agree to it a couple of times, but both times they ran out of bread for their sandwiches. The odd thing is that last time, it was 6:30 pm when they ran out of their bread. Apparently it's quite common to run out of bread at this place, so it must be some sort of marketing ploy (for example they want you to order the more expensive entrees later in the evening), or it's just super bad management. Either way, yesterday, we got our sandwiches orders in before they ran out. And, after eating the sandwich, I think it was possibly the best sandwich I've ever eaten, at least in the top five. Noah agreed that it was the best pork sandwich he's ever eaten too, but also the messiest sandwich he's ever eaten. Note: Eat the sandwich in the wrapper.

These pictures are from yesterday, when the sun was out. Jonah took four pictures of his shoes. He loves shoes.

This is the picture of me that Jonah took. I guess this is the part of me he sees most often.

Jonah is trying to grab the camera from me. Yes, that's a tear.

As for the weather, it was pretty rotten today. It wasn't supposed to rain today, so I was looking forward to taking the kids to the playground after gymnastics so they could run of some energy. Instead, it was drizzling after gymnastics so we went to the grocery store and the "mall" playground. I really don't like the mall playground. It's too small if there are any more than five kids there; today there were about fifteen kids there and they were all tumbling into each other. The two little flintstone cars had such a crowd of toddlers around them waiting for their turn that the kids in the car couldn't even scoot around ("waiting" for a toddler means screaming and trying to pull the other toddlers off the car). The only thing this playground really has going for it is that it has a roof (no walls though, since it's in an outdoor mall). I can't believe that we are approaching the middle of June and I'm still wearing sweaters - inside the house. Just when I thought it was safe to turn of the heat, we have a stretch of days with 50 and 60 degree weather. I guess I should be glad we're not in the midst of the heat wave they're having back in Baltimore.

This is the adorable little poem that Genna's reading class created.

No comments:

Post a Comment