Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Exciting day

I really like age four. Genna has somehow turned into my dream-child these past six months. I suspect that her preschool has a lot to do with it, and that she's simply growing up. Of course, as I write this, I just noticed a big gob of chapstick that Jonah must have smeared all over the wall today. Since Genna is out of school, I took her to Jonah's music class this morning. She was looking forward to going and during class she showed a little bit of maturity that I hadn't seen before. She sat on her own carpet square (normally the kids sit with their mommy) and followed all of the instructions from the teacher - tapping to the beat, scratching to beat, walking around in the circle. At one point, Genna's carpet square and mine were on opposite sides of the room. I thought she might be a little upset about being so far away from Jonah and me, but she was so focused on following the directions from the teacher that it didn't bother her at all. Then about half way through the class she started doing all the "mommy-things" with Jonah. Jonah sat on Genna's lap as she bounced him and sang a song. Jonah held Genna's hand as we all walked around in circle singing a song. Then Genna held Jonah in her lap as the teacher sang a lullaby to rock our babies. Jonah was a little big for Genna's lap because his head dropped to the floor a couple of times (fortunately it didn't hurt him). Jonah really enjoyed having Genna there too.

After music class, we picked up Papa and cousin Mikey from the airport. Both kids were so happy to see them, and it soon became clear that there was no way Genna was going to sleep in a different room than Mikey. So, Noah laid out the sleeping bags next to each other and Genna followed Mikey around all evening.
Pajama party

Cousin Mikey

Genna showing Mikey all of her favorite things from school

No comments:

Post a Comment