I made it week without commenting on Seattle weather. Whew! It was not easy, so I feel like I need to make up for it today. We had several days of sunshine. They were beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'm amazed that even though it rains constantly here, when it stops, the air is relatively dry. This means that there are not all those pesky bugs and mosquitoes. Oddly, I've seen about a half a dozen stink bugs here, but they have all been in my car. I'm concerned that they were just hibernating in our car and we've actually brought them from Baltimore. I've tried very hard to kill them. I don't have any sort of qualms about killing bugs. No qualms whatsoever, except for things like praying mantises, but that's only because they kill more bugs a day than I do.
So, the question still remains: how many gloomy days does one beautiful day of sunshine "make up for?" I'm now thinking two. One day of sunshine can make up for one day of rain and one day of cool overcast weather. Theoretically, we could spend one rainy day inside doing low-key home activities or indoor activities such as the library, then one day outside with our jackets on, then one day in the glorious sun at the beach or a beautiful park or playground. The problem is that even if there were 120 days of rain, 120 days of cool overcast weather and 120 of sunshine in Seattle, all the rain and clouds would probably be clustered together for 8 months. The (1) rain + (1) overcast = (1) sun makeup day only works if you get sunshine on every third day. It does not work when all the sunny days are clustered together in the summer; the 240 of rain and gloom sinks a person in such a depression that it's hard to recover. There you have it; that's my final answer.
 |
| Noah gave the kids a bath this evening. They love baths. I only give them showers. Showers are so much easier. |
 |
| How can someone so ornery look so darn cute in his little blue footed pajamas? |
No comments:
Post a Comment