Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sunburn

Yep. Sunburn. I couldn't believe it this morning when I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed a bit of sunburn around my neck. After eight months of dreary, overcast skies, one day of partly sunny weather at the beach turned my pale-as-a-baby's-bottom skin into a muted shade of Maine lobster. Fortunately, the kids didn't seem to be as affected as me, but I definitely put the sunscreen on them today.

Since it's Dad's and Mikey's last day in Seattle, I thought about skipping music class, but it was Jonah's very last music class. So, I dropped off Genna, Mikey and Dad at a playground and took Jonah to music class. Apparently Mikey played pretty hard because the first thing he said to me when I picked him up was, "I'm hungry." So we had an early lunch at an Italian restaurant at University Village mall. Genna was very upset that they didn't have crayons and coloring paper there any more. And, I have to admit that the place seems far less attractive to me without those wonderful kid distractions.

After lunch we went to Meridian playground and then to Fainting Goat for ice cream. As the three kids were eating ice cream and getting it all over their face (with an inversely proportional amount on their face compared to their age), I mentioned that I wished that I had my camera. A woman overheard me and offered to take a picture on her iPhone and email it to me. I took her up on her offer and voila I have today's only picture. One thing I will miss about Seattle is the friendliness of the people.  Folks seem truly friendly and happy here, which is quite refreshing compared to the often unfriendly, hurried pace of the East Coast folks that I'm used to.
Ice cream break between playgrounds
We then made it to one more playground before dinner. I think I wore out all three kids today again. Success. I'm starting to get good at this mom-thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment