Friday, June 24, 2011

Nothing - day two

I really enjoyed our day of lounging around yesterday and thought that a repeat today would be nice. However, I soon discovered that the kids can only handle one day of inside quiet play; their little ornery horns start coming out on day two. After gymnastics and a little playground time, I thought the kids would enjoy playing with their books and toys while I made bread. It only takes me about 25 minutes to mix and knead my bread, but during those 25 minutes today, I was interrupted by hair pulling, screaming, block throwing, water dumping, spitting, two potty breaks, one diaper change, pencil sharpening and door slamming.  I guess the kids just need more outside or structured activity. We went to a pot luck dinner tonight that included a few other kids, a beautiful garden for exploring, and lots of cupcakes - so of course the kids were good then. I had a nice time too.
Jonah and Peter


The enchanted garden

Peek-a-boo in the hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment