I survived the three-girl playdate today. Two of Genna's friends from school came over to play today. I've only watched four kids by myself once or twice before, so I was hoping things would go smoothly. I was most worried about Jonah. He tries so hard to play with the bigger kids, but hasn't learned yet that grabbing toys, knocking over towers and screaming aren't welcomed play activities by girls that are more than twice his age.
As it turned out, the girls played wonderfully together, and Jonah either did his own thing or played pretty nicely with girls. In some ways I found it easier with the four kids than with just my two. When it's just Genna and Jonah, I'm usually trying to do something else also (which often just ends up in frustration). But with four, I accept that it is impossible to do anything else, so my only focus is the kids.
We spent most of the time at the playground and then came back home for lunch. I thought we'd have time to play outside a bit after lunch, but the four kids "socialized" around the lunch table for well over an hour. It's just fascinating to watch the kids grow and mature.
 |
| This is the most amazing tree to climb. |
 |
| I believe they called it the fairy tree |
 |
| This is the closest thing they have to monkey bars at this playground |
 |
| I love how the three traveled around in a pack at the playground (made my job easier) |
 |
| Wheeeeee! |
 |
| Down the twisty slide |
 |
| Jonah occupied himself pushing trucks around. He couldn't quite keep up with the girls' physical activity |
 |
| Back to the tree |
 |
| The girls were getting tired by now and I had to help them out several times getting down from the tree |
 |
| Some casual construction before leaving |
 |
| The kids love the sand pit |
 |
| I love that most of the sand is shaken off by the time we walk home |
 |
| I learned that Genna can start podcasts on my computer by herself now. When I was making lunch, the kids were suspiciously quiet. When I went upstairs, this is what I found. I really love this picture: today it is Sesame Street's The Number 7; tomorrow it will be Justin Bieber (or whoever will be the next heartthrob). |
 |
| Lunch was a smorgasboard of macaroni, salmon, hard-boiled eggs, and fruit. I was amazed at how much everyone ate. |
No comments:
Post a Comment