This morning we went to Volunteer Park and the conservatory there. It's really the ideal park. There is a very good playground for the kids, large grassy areas for running, nice view of the Space Needle, and a beautiful, temperature-controlled conservatory for when it rains. My favorite room on a typical Seattle day is the desert room.
After lunch, nap time for Jonah, and some coloring with Genna, it was time for ballet. Jeanne's a trooper and came along for all the kid activities. As I shuttle the kids around with Jeanne, it makes me think about my life from an outsider's perspective. Here I am, in this great city, spending the bulk of my time chasing kids, going to playgrounds and libraries, cleaning up after the kids, and waiting around while the kids take ballet. Five years ago when I was pregnant with Genna, I would have never thought that this would be what I'm doing now. I'm not really sure I had any idea how much the kids would alter my life. I just have to decide now if and how much I like a full-time mom.
 |
| I could live in the desert room of the conservatory |
 |
| I think Jonah liked the desert also, except when he fell onto a cactus. |
 |
| Looks kinda funny bundled up with a rain coat on in the desert, doesn't it? At this point it was pouring fifty-degree rain outside. |
 |
| Biggest hydrangeas I've seen |
No comments:
Post a Comment