I remember it often raining on Good Friday, so it was a nice surprise to have beautiful weather today. Since we didn't have gymnastics today due to spring break, we had a leisurily morning at home and then went to our favorite playground, Meridian Park. We met Noah for lunch at Aqua Verdi for fish tacos, which are fabulous there, and their hot-sweet salsa. The salsa is so good, I could practically drink it. I felt like it was such a nice morning with the kids, even though Jonah had one of his 45-minute temper tantrums. Then it dawned on me that it was sunny outside and a bit warm (mid-fifties). If the sun and warm weather continue I might even like being a stay-at-home mom. Maybe.
While Jonah was napping, Genna and I colored Easter eggs. Genna had a great time, and it was so much fun for me to see her so excited about the different colors. I just wish we had more eggs to color, but I just couldn't justify any more than a dozen hard-boiled eggs. I like egg salad, but not enough to have it three days in a row.
I spent the afternoon in the kitchen preparing another Spanish tapa. This time, I made a garlic, white wine, tomato and pea sauce for calamari. It was the kind of sauce that I thought would be fabulous, but it just didn't taste that good. It was almost bland. Noah thinks that it was because I was in a hurry and didn't let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes. I think it was the frozen peas that I used. In any event, it wasn't the sauce that I had hoped for. I may try it again though.
 |
| The kids had fun looking like daddy and putting their hands in their pockets |
 |
| "Jonah, it's not a good idea to run with your hands in your pocket!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment