Genna is a typical kid. She's a bit oblivious to her surroundings, and when going about her activities, she's only barely aware of her surroundings. She crawls under furniture and then hits her head. When she's running around she'll occasionally run into other kids. And when we're in crowded places, she lollygags at her own pace, oblivious that she's in the way and that other may want to walk around her.
Jonah, on the other hand, has always had a remarkable awareness of his surroundings. He rarely hits his head when crawling under furniture. When he's running around, pushing toys, and paddling about in the toddler cars, I honestly don't recall him running into other kids. Today changed everything. I don't remember the specifics of the incident, but at one point this morning in the community center toddler gymnasium, Jonah's push toy crashed into another little boy's push toy. There were no tears, but there was damage: Jonah discovered "crashing." And, I think it gave him some sort of little toddler rush. He then wanted to crash into everyone and everything. After running his little push toy into three other little kids and my scolding, he got the point that it wasn't okay to crash into other kids. However, I did allow him the pleasure of crashing the toys into the walls (cement block walls and plastic toys, not too bad). He crashed the push toy, a truck, the motorcycle and a couple other toys into the wall, door, and a few other toys. I was hoping the thrill would wear off, and it did, it just took a lot longer than I had hoped.
 |
| The crashing push toy |
 |
| The hot pink motorcycle. I can't imagine many parents bought these motorcycles for their little girls, much less their little boys. |
 |
| Winnie the Pooh car |
 |
| "Watch out, here I come!" |
 |
| I'm not sure if that is breakfast or his snack on his face. |
 |
| The ever popular lawn mower |
No comments:
Post a Comment