Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wow

If every day was like today in Seattle, or even every other day, I would move here permanently. Weather was beautiful, about 65 degrees and sunny. We started the day with an Easter egg hunt. Then, we went downtown with the kids. We had lunch at Serious Pie; this was one of the stops at last week's Savour Seattle tour. The kids had a tomato mozzarella pizza and Noah and I had an egg, bacon and arugula pizza. Ours was really good. I am going to try try to be more creative with the pizzas that I make at home because although egg sound bizarre on a pizza it truly was delicious.

Jonah and his Easter egg "backpack." Easter baskets are just not something you think about packing when you're temporarily moving across the country.
Got one!

Genna showing me one of her surprises from the egg hunt
The kids soaking their feet after running around at the park
Genna and I at the pizza shop. Why is that guy behind us covering his eyes? 


We then had some ice cream and headed to Pike's Market to buy some fresh halibut and salmon. After driving home, we gave the kids egg salad sandwiches and spend the last hour of daylight at the playground. Since we skipped naps, both kids were exhausted and passed out moments after their bath. Noah and I got to enjoy our dinner of fried calamari (also from the fish market) and my homemade bread. It seems like we can do so much more when the kids don't nap, on purpose. So, even though I usually need my downtime during Jonah's nap, when the weather is so beautiful, like it was today, it's worth it to have everyone exhausted at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment