Monday, April 11, 2011

Cleaning up

My friend Jeanne is coming to visit tomorrow, which I'm very excited about. I spent the day trying to get ready for her visit, since I lost the last two days due to the stomach flu.

It is impossible to clean a house with a toddler running about. For every toy I can put away, Jonah can bring out five toys. He's constantly trying to take the vacuum from me or the swiffer. I couldn't even get him to watch a DVD, probably because he watched so many over the weekend while I was sick. So, I gave up and took the boy grocery shopping. It was a beautiful day, sunny and almost warm.

I was very disappointed in Whole Foods today. There was not a single produce sample. The samples are the only thing that get Jonah, and consequently me, through the store. I almost complained to customer service.  Fortunately, Jonah was very good at the store, for a change.

While Jonah was napping, Genna decided she wanted to help me clean. At first I resisted and asked her to play quietly. She was persistent and I eventually gave in. Much to my surprise, she did actually help. She wiped off all the crayon on the walls (thank goodness Jonah was using a washable crayon!). Then she helped me move some the things around in the bathroom so I could wipe down the sink. Then suddenly she stopped and said she didn't want to help clean anymore; she wanted to watch a podcast. She then took off her gloves and sat down to watch Elmo talk about the letter V.
Three of the four walls look like this in the study. It amazing how much damage a toddler can do in such a short amount of time.

Genna running around the front yard in the sun 
Hopscotch 

Jonah lining up the cars

No comments:

Post a Comment