I found myself today looking forward to moving back to Baltimore. I miss my life there, but I know that things won't be the same when I return. On the other hand I also feel like I really haven't seen everything there is to see in Seattle, partly because the weather is so crummy that it's hard to get excited about seeing the sights when it's pouring down rain. Partly also because the things that I do with the kids are not the same things I'd do as tourist. I don't know how to be a tourist with kids. I've never toured anywhere with the kids. Yes, we've gone on vacations since having kids, but they've always revolved around kid activities or family activities. I'm longing for a grown-up vacation. Funny how I say "grown-up" instead of "adult" now. When I moved to South Carolina for six months, I saw absolutely everything there was to see within a 6 hour drive. Every weekend I experienced someplace new, from the Smokey Mountains to the Ocean to Charleston to Atlanta. I saw every thing and was satisfied when I moved home. I still feel like there is so much to see here, but the thought of hiking up Mt. Rainier with the kids, complete with whining, loses some appeal.
I have, however, experienced Seattle as a parent. The playgrounds are awesome and I will really miss all of the kid activities, community centers and kid-friendly places. I guess I never went to a playground when I lived in South Carolina. Life is just different now.
| The kids found some boxes and made a game of racing them around like bumper cars |
| I think Jonah is winning |
| Genna reading a book to Jonah before bedtime |
| Jonah losing interest and picking up some cars |
No comments:
Post a Comment