When I told Noah, "The
kids will love it," as we passed by the Spaghetti Factory Restaurant, what I was really saying was, "the kids will love it,
but the grown-ups won't." Noah didn't get what I was saying, so he turned the car around and we all got out to have lunch at the Tacoma Spaghetti Factory. I knew that this kind of place was going to serve the type of Italian food that makes me not like Italian food. And I was right, but the kids did love it. The place was decorated with all sorts of 1920s - 1950's paraphernalia, including old sewing machines, signs, a gazebo, and we even ate our lunch in an restored street car. Jonah kept calling it a train, and that was fine. For kid, a street car is the same as a train car. The kids had a blast, and I choked down my lunch.
After lunch we went to the Tacoma Glass Museum. I purchased a Groupon a while ago for half-priced admission, so we made the road trip to see the Museum. I love Chihuly glass and for some reason, the marketing information for this museum led me to believe there would be dozens of Chihuly sculptures. This was not the case at all. The Chihuly art was actually in the "free"part of the museum and there really wasn't that much of it. So, that was disappointing, but they did have other exhibits that were surprisingly kid-friendly. I could not get Genna to leave the glass blowing arena. I'm not sure if she was truly interested in the glass-blowing and shaping of if she just didn't want to miss anything. I think it was a little of the former and a lot of the latter.
 |
| Front of the street car at the Spaghetti Factory. We ate at a table just behind here. |
 |
| Jonah controlling the car with the lever |
 |
| The outside of the car |
 |
| Bread blog: today's baguette |
 |
| Better |
 |
| Since I was still full from lunch six hours ago, I made tapas for dinner. Or, as Noah said, "tapa" since I only ate one. Broiled goat cheese (there's a fancier name for it, but I can't remember it) on my baguette with crispy sage. |
No comments:
Post a Comment