On Jeanne's last day in Seattle, we took a Taste of Seattle walking tour. For three hours we walked near Pikes Market and sampled a variety of foods at local eating establishments. I didn't have extremely high expectations for the food samples that we'd be served, but my expectations were definitely exceeded. So much so, that I can't wait to go back to a few of the restaurants.
 |
Yep, we were the dorks following around the tall guy with the pink umbrella.
Shockingly, our tour guide grew up two streets away from where I grew up in Worthington, Ohio. |
 |
| First stop on the tour. The crowd is getting warmed up. |
 |
| Jeanne + Sangria |
 |
| We called this a duck falafel. Duck with seasoning rolled in bulgar on a bed of yogurt sauce, topped with apricot and chives. |
 |
| Seriously the best pizza I've had in Seattle, perhaps ever. Best crust ever. |
 |
| I could eat this whole pie myself. We will be returning here with the kids and leaving with a tummy ache. |
 |
| The kitchen. Perhaps I could pick up a part-time job here and learn how to make a crust like that. |
 |
| The only thing missing from the tour was the Seattle rain |
 |
| Potato leek soup, about to be topped with a bit to truffle oil. Apparently the pigs have been replaced by truffle smelling dogs. I wonder what an unemployed truffle-smelling pig does. |
 |
| Lemon curd on a cookie. A drop of balsamic in a raspberry. |
 |
| Balsamic tasting on the back of our hands. |
 |
| We finally make it to the market |
 |
| Seattle's most romantic restaurant |
 |
| Saffron risotto with mussels (I ate some mussels before I remembered to take a photo). Served with a nice chianti. |
 |
| Pike Brewery |
 |
| Beer here |
 |
| Beer and cheese tasting. On my way out, I asked if they have high chairs. They do. We'll be returning here. |
 |
| Sixth stop on the tour |
 |
| Fish sauce and pad thai. I wanted to eat an entire bowl of this. So many restaurants. So little time. |
 |
| Most elaborate sushi I've had, possibly one of the best tasting I've had too |
 |
| Green tea tiramisu |
 |
| Noah took tired and sick Jonah and hungry Genna out to eat while Jeanne and I were downtown. |
 |
| Hope you liked your stay in Seattle, Jeanne! |
No comments:
Post a Comment