Today was life as usual in Seattle with the kids. In the morning we went downtown with our neighbors to the Seattle Center for "free bounce Thursday." Someone (not really sure who) sets up about a 10 big inflatable bouncy slides and bouncy obstacle courses. Genna had a glorious time; not only did she get to ride in someone else's minivan, but she got to bounce around with Blaise, her classmate, and Ellie, a kindergardener, whom she adores. It was fun for me too since I got to play with little Genevieve, our neighbor's one-year-old who is the most pleasant baby I've ever held (why didn't I get a baby like that?).
While Jonah napped and Genna played by herself, I experimented with some more bread. I'm almost there. I didn't get a catfish like yesterday, but I did get a larger than expected hole in the center. Fortunately I have five more pounds of local, organic flour and 13 more packages of yeast. More practice.
 |
| At this point, the bread the bread had been out of the oven for a while and was cool. Noah and the kids still devoured the loaf. To me, this means that the family really likes the bread, not just the fact that it is warm and fresh out of the oven. I actually think this bread tasted better cool than warm. |
 |
| Genna wanted to take photos again today. I won't upload all 22 photos that she took, but here's a sample. This is a "station" that she completed while I was downstairs baking bread. |
 |
| After Jonah's nap, he had a tea party with Bunny. This was Jonah's very first tea party that he instigated completely by himself. He put Bunny in the booster seat, buckled her in, scooted the chair close to the table and fed her strawberries and glass of milk. I'm glad that Bunny is washable and that Genna didn't see what Jonah was doing to her Bunny. |
 |
| My Seattle children. But, we really don't use umbrellas here, the kids just like playing with them. |
No comments:
Post a Comment