Today was another school field trip with Genna. We went to Seattle Tilth, which is a community garden and learning center. The kids learned about gardening, composting, planting and a few other Earthy-crunchy things that I missed since I was chasing around Jonah. I was a little surprised that Genna didn't seem terribly interested in it. She normally likes to garden with me, so I think she was just cold. It rained and was cold, so I'm hoping that's why she had no interest in digging through the compost to find worms. We ate lunch inside and then the kids played at Meridian playground (one of my favorites). This was the highlight of the field trip, more specifically, Genna was called a grumpy pirate by Ned, so she obliged and pretended she was a pirate; it turned into about six little kids all chasing each other around.
Jonah had a fun time being a Ladybug (that is what all the students are called at Genna's Ladybug Montessori school). He had a great time holding hands with the other Ladybugs as we walked across the parking lot. He also spent a good part of the morning following around Ruby and saying her name. Ruby is six and likes to talk to Jonah. I got a little concerned when Jonah wanted to go with Ruby to plant seeds rather than stay with Genna and me to sample some herbs. Must be young love.
 |
| One of the volunteers gave Jonah a wheelbarrow. They must have known he was into wheels. |
 |
| A field trip in Seattle. The kids are relatively clean at this point. |
 |
| We had about 10 minutes to warm up inside when we planted our sunflower seeds. |
 |
| Ladybugs |
As a chaperone, the minivan was filled with four preschoolers, one toddler, and two adults that had just spent the entire morning in a garden while it was raining.
Mud now describes the interior fabric of my van, and since we have street parking or very awkward alley parking, there is no easy way to clean the car. I guess I'll just wait until after the next field trip to clean the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment