I had planned to go downtown with Jeanne today, but Noah whined about not seeing his family for two weeks and Jeanne was gracious enough to forego our lunch reservations downtown. So, instead, we did the kid/family thing today. After pancakes, we went to our favorite playground, Meridian Park. I have to keep telling Jeanne that on a clear day, we can see snow capped mountains and beautiful vistas; I'm beginning to think that she doesn't believe me.
There's a fun little community garden next to the playground, so Jeanne and I did get to look at the gardens while Noah played with the kids. We then went to Red Mill Burgers. The burgers this time seemed much better than the ones we had last time, and I can now see why this burger joint gets so many rave reviews. I'm glad we gave it a second try.
Both kids took a nap today. It's just so unfair that when Noah is watching the kids, the both nap great. It has been over two months since they both took good naps for me. But at least Jeanne and I got to take a long walk while Noah stayed home with them. Today was an average family Saturday; it was nice, but now that the weather is supposed to be getting warmer (haven't seen it yet), I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing more of Seattle and the surrounding areas.
 |
| Making sweet potato pancakes. Next time we'll use less sweet potato, but they were good. |
 |
| Meridian Park. Jonah can now get on the springy toy all by himself. |
 |
| He's pleased with himself |
 |
| Genna lives for the monkey bars |
 |
| She likes to skip bars now |
 |
| Not sure what she's doing on top of the monkey bars |
 |
| Hungry Jonah waiting for his hamburger. His sleeves are already rolled up. |
 |
| Genna & Jeanne |
 |
| I'm not sure who took this picture, probably Jonah |
 |
| Genna's bristle block passenger train. Notice the green, red and yellow passengers. |
No comments:
Post a Comment