When Jonah and I left the house this morning in the minivan, I couldn't decide where we should go. My goal was to tire out Jonah so he would get plenty of exercise and take a good nap. My two best choices were the zoo and the Northgate Community Center. Economics even came into play and may have even tipped the scale. The zoo was a little bit closer (less gas since it's $4.00/gal here in Seattle) and was no additional cost since I already have a membership. The community center is $2.00 and Jonah would probably not get quite as much exercise. So, I opted to go to the zoo. We ended up having a very nice time. Since it was cold outside, our first stop was the tropical rain forest. Once inside the building, it took a good five minutes for me to be able to see anything due to my cold glasses instantly fogging up in the warm humid environment. But once I could see again, my favorite exhibit was the dart frogs. I love these little frogs with their neon yellow and blue coloring. I was so disappointed that this exhibit was Jonah's least favorite in the entire rainforest, and I only got to stare at the little amphibians for a quick minute.
Once again, Jonah kept asking for the elephants and mentioned that the elephant "has a big poop." Seeing the elephant poop a couple of weeks ago has really had a profound effect on him. So, we walked all the way to the elephant exhibit (of course it has to be the farthest exhibit from the main entrance). Happily, we got to see Chai and Bamboo grazing in the pasture, but we didn't get to see them perform their bodily functions. Oh well.
 |
| Penguin lunch time |
 |
| Note there is a two inch thick wall of plexiglas between Jonah and the jaguars |
 |
| Jonah's favorite part of the bird building was the bamboo door to keep the birds in |
 |
| A bird |
 |
| Playground located between the zoo and my car |
 |
| Jonah's hat-head hairdo |
After the zoo, we met Noah for lunch and we were both very impressed by the lack of apprehension and vigor that Jonah at his Japanese noodles. I love asian food and there is so much good asian food here in Seattle that I'm going to eat as much of it as I can now. I'm really going to miss all the asian restaurants when we move back to Baltimore.
No comments:
Post a Comment